Gratitude Cubed - G3

Cube Your Level of Gratitude & See What Happens. Why Live an ordinary Life When You Can Live a Miraculous Life?

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Beach Front Home: From Dream to Reality

How does gratitude play a part in finding the perfect dream home overlooking the ocean?

Here's an article (about me) that appears in Rebecca Fine's excellent newsletter for readers of The Science of Getting Rich that is distributed to readers in over 170 countries.

The article describes how I recently found my dream home in Aptos, California. Tomorrow, we move in!

----------------------------------
Another Real-Life Success Story ...
'A HOME OVERLOOKING THE OCEAN': FROM DREAM TO REALITY!

Ever since I enrolled in the Practical GeniusesTM course, my life
has literally become a roller coaster of self-discovery and joy.

I just had to write to you and let you know what happened
yesterday.

To review, I'm a single parent, and about 18 months ago the SOGR
brought the perfect partner into my life. With Bonnie, I am the
richest man in the world.

After some careful consideration regarding our respective sons
(ages six and nine), our individual careers and life paths,
Bonnie and I started looking at houses in Santa Cruz, a beach
town about 35 miles southwest of San Jose, where she teaches
Special Ed.

Three weeks ago I started a gratitude journal as suggested in one
of the [course] LifeLabs, and one of my entries (I didn't have
any idea how it would be accomplished) was to move from San Jose
(a land-locked suburb) to a house overlooking the ocean.

Having no clue as to how this could or would come about, I ended the
entry with the words, "This or something better. Thank you!"

Yesterday, we were again house-hunting in the coastal communities
when we passed a street and Bonnie suddenly said, "Stop! There's
something about this street that I think we should check out."

Of the ream of papers we had in our portable file, the only
reference to this particular street was a handwritten entry of
the street address. We sat there in the car mesmerized by the
spectacular view of the ocean but we still didn't know why we
were perched on this hilltop that overlooked the ocean.

In fact, we'd passed this street by accident because at one point in our
hunting I decided to just drive and let out minds relax a bit. As
we sat there in the car the end of the cul-de-sac, two women
drove up and parked.

Without warning, Bonnie hopped out of the car and introduced
herself to the older woman. It turned out that the woman was not
only the owner of the house we were parked in front of, but she
was looking to lease it. She asked Bonnie if we were new in the
area and that led to some further talk about occupations and
relocation plans, etc.

Suddenly the woman said, "You know, I've been talking to a man
named Barry who is with a teacher in Santa Cruz."

I jerked my head around and couldn't understand why she'd said my
name.

"Barry and Bonnie? That's us!" we cried.

"You're kidding!" she said. "We're Dorian and Louise."

I'd had two telephone conversations with Louise about the house a
few weeks ago and actually forgot about it.

She told us that she and her daughter were coming home to
telephone another party to inform him that she was leasing the
house to him. But because we "showed up in a rather fortuitous
manner," she agreed to give us a tour of the house.

The house is perched atop a cliff that overlooks the Pacific
Ocean, has more than enough room for our needs, and is such a
great deal financially, it can only be a result of the formless
substance bringing to fruition that which I've contemplated and
pictured.

I didn't know at all what the house would look like but each time I thought about it, I saw the ocean, I smelled the sea air, and felt gratitude.

During the tour of the house, we felt as if there was connection
made with these two women on a level that wasn't immediately
identifiable.

The owner told me that she and her daughter needed
an hour to talk about things, and asked if she could contact us
then.

We said our goodbyes, thanking them for the flexibility and
willingness to show us their home in such a spontaneous manner.
We drove down the hill to the beach, where Bonnie and I and
Justin (my nine-year-old son) walked in the surf.

When the cell phone rang, I almost jumped out of my skin.

"Barry, after some thought on the matter, Louise and I both feel
very strongly that we want to lease the house to you and Bonnie."

I literally gasped out loud and heard her laugh on the other end
of the connection.

On Tuesday, Bonnie and I will sign the lease and move our boys
into a "home overlooking the ocean."

-------------------------------------
I've come to realize that gratitude for "whatever" comes my way is the key to unlocking the flow of positive results.

How can you begin to tap into this wondrous power?

1. Begin to accept that there are no coincidences. Everything in life is being played out on a cosmic stage and we each have a role to play.

2. Accept that gratitude is the key to attracting into your life that which you desire.

3. Live in gratitude daily. Express it silently to the universe not only for what you have, for what is coming your way, but for all things whether they are in your life now or not. I didn't have any idea how my desire to live by the ocean would come to pass.

4. Be the change you wish to see in the world. If you want to attract more positive elements into your life, be more positive. If you want to become more healthy, first BE more healthy. It all begins when we decide.

Once a decision is made, the Universe conspires to make it happen. Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 Comments:

  • At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home